We Want To Be Perfect for You
Here's A little Help
Questions for volunteers
1. What is YoudBePerfectforThis.org?
YoudBePerfectforThis.org is a volunteer recruitment website designed to connect volunteers to their perfect volunteer opportunities. Opportunities will range from nature guides, to receptionists, to after-school teachers, and they will span from Manatee County to Boca Grande.
2. Do I need to have an account to use the Web site?
No. As a volunteer, you never have to create an account to use YoudBePerfectforThis.org.
3. How do I find volunteer opportunities?
There are two ways to find opportunities. The first is through the “Opportunities” section, where you will filter-n-find listings based on your interests, availability, and location. The second path is through the “Inspiration” section, which allows you to search causes that motivate and inspire you to help others.
4. What happens when I find the perfect volunteer opportunity?
Located on every project are a series of hand icons.
To volunteer, click the single waving hand that reads “Volunteer.”
Magic pixie dust will fall from the sky and a contact form will appear.
Fill out the contact form and send it off to the volunteer coordinator managing the opportunity.
The volunteer coordinator will receive an e-mail alert and will contact you.
5. How do I tell my friends about volunteer opportunities?
If you find a volunteer
opportunity that is perfect for your friend or neighbor, click “Volunteer a
Friend.” A contact form will appear that you can fill out. After you click “recommend,” your best buddy will
receive an e-mail with a friendly message and URL link to the project. And don't worry, the e-mail goes directly to your friend and the organization isn't be contacted unless your friend signs up to volunteer.
Questions for nonprofits and volunteer groups
1. Who is eligible to use YoudBePerfectforThis.org?
You’dBePerfectforThis.org is open to all nonprofit organizations, civic groups, congregations, schools, neighborhood clubs, and recreation leagues from Manatee County to Boca Grande. Come one, come all, and recruit your perfect volunteers today!
2. How do I register my group?
In the bottom right corner of
the Web site, click “Organization Sign In.” Click the "Sign Up" link in the bottom left hand corner to begin the registration and posting process.
3. How do I post a volunteer opportunity?
- As soon as you are registered you can begin creating volunteer opportunities.
- Click “Create Opportunity” and an entry form will appear.
- Complete the required steps and click “continue” after each step.
- At any point, you can stop and return to the “Dashboard” section to manage draft, pending (waiting for approval), active, and archived opportunities.
4. How many opportunities can we post at once?
As many as you need! And what’s even cooler is that multiple teammates can post and manage opportunities. Say, for example, you have two coordinators, or one staff member who handles external opportunities and one who handles internal opportunities. Both staff members can access the organization’s account and work as a team. To learn more about this feature, click “Manage Team Members” in the “Dashboard” section.
5. Do opportunities expire?
Opportunities will archive once the required number of volunteers is recruited or after the opportunity date passes. At any time, you can access your archived opportunities and reactivate them.
6. What are the photo requirements?
Each project requires a minimum of two photos.
- The first is a photo of the volunteer coordinator. The purpose of this photo is to help the potential volunteer put a face with a name and have a personal experience.
- The second photo is used to advertise the specific volunteer opportunity. For example, Habitat for Humanity could post a photo of the construction site, or the YMCA could post a photo of the gymnasium, or Venice High School could post a photo of a classroom.
- Horizontal, high-resolution photos are required, and you can preview the images before submitting the project for approval. Due to the layout of the Web site, vertical photos will not work.
7. How do I post a video to You’d Be Perfect for This?
If you have a video that highlights your organization or the specific volunteer opportunity, you can simply insert the link into the volunteer opportunity entry form. You can preview the video screen shot prior to submitting the opportunity for approval. It’s magic and awesome!
8. How do I determine which inspiration category best fits my volunteer opportunity?
Inspiration categories are designed to inspire potential volunteers and you should pick the category that best fits your volunteer opportunity. Only one inspiration can be assigned to an opportunity.
Inspiration categories include:
- Push the envelope: Be the office hero. The other man‘s or woman‘s grass is always greener (and better manicured) — and indeed for those of you not married to a cubicle Monday through Friday, we have a wealth of volunteer opportunities that will get you out of the house or houseboat and into the hearts of needy nearby organizations.
- Main event: Think of this as a night in shining armor. An opening night. An opening only you can fill. Be the star of the volunteer stage and take a bow for a job well done. Whether you are ushering in Madame Butterfly or arranging seating for Sir Henry, the Main Event is your chance to shine. .
- Get Your Feet Wet: Water is an important part of our lives here on the Gulf Coast, yet many of us are comparative strangers to the beaches, rivers, swamps, lakes and harbors that harbor so much of our wildlife and shed so much wonder on our imaginations. That all changes now. Roll up your pant legs and let the volunteering begin.
- For the Kids: Have children. Lots of children. Who need you. Maybe it's been awhile since you've heard the pitter-patter of little feet in your home -- and, well, maybe it's been long enough that you yearn to once again play an important part in their lives. Perhaps you haven't tried your hand at this having kids thing yet...we think it's the perfect time to start.
- Florida U: What if your free time was also a free teacher? What if time well used was also knowledge well gained? Share your life secrets, pass your book-smarts onto street savvy kids -- be a free university.
- Done in a Day: Bring your family, friends, and self for a daring day of service and volunteerism. This collection of meaningful short-term commitments might strike you as a kind of wine tasting for the soul -- and that definition is just perfect. It's regular volunteer vineyard, offering a variety for almost every inclination and inspiration for nearly every citizen involved in the abbreviated foray into the world of community service.