Volunteer Yourself close
If this opportunity has your name written all over it, then maybe you can skip the first box. (Just kidding!)
- Every volunteer opportunity begins with filling a void. There are several to the right. Fill them in.
- When you press EMAIL ME! you’ve done the cyber equivalent of, at once, raising, extending, and lending your hand. You have consented to enter the fray of unheeded need. Bravo!
- A really grateful human being will contact you soon.
- While you’re waiting, remember — two hands are better than one; raise yours again, this time on behalf of a friend, colleague, acquaintance, or family member.
- While you’re waiting, don’t be intimidated by the word “perfect.” We’re talking about the match — not your matchless skills or experience. Most of the time, if you care...you’re there!
Volunteer a Friend close
If this opportunity has a friend’s name written all over it, filling in the first box should be easy. (Do it!)
- Don’t be shy about throwing someone else’s hat into the ring besides your own. Sharing is caring.
- When you press RECOMMEND you’ve done more than lifting your friends hand in assent to an opportunity she or he knows nothing about. You’ve taken that friend’s hand in solidarity. For a very important cause.
- A really grateful human being will contact the unsuspecting future volunteer. This person will understand that it was you who volunteered his info and back off immediately if your friend’s definition of “perfect for this” is not consistent with your own.
- The more likely scenario is that your friend (or colleague, acquaintance, or family member) will find the opportunity to make a difference irresistible and be forever in your debt.
Volunteer a Team close
United, you stand. United, you raise your hands.
- Fill in this form as well and completely as you can and let your team begin.
- Pat yourself on the back, if you’re flexible enough. You have not only volunteered some able bodies, minds, hearts, and souls for a critical local endeavor...you have also created an opportunity for bonding and mutual enlightenment that might change their lives as well.
- Let us know specific information (if it feels pertinent) about your volunteers that might help us find the perfect organization for you.
- Start thinking of a name for your group. If it helps, think how it would look on a plaque somewhere or certificate of appreciation. Teams tends to collect thank you’s exponentially.
- Karen Massa
- Volunteer Coordinator
Help promote the LEAF (Literacy Empowers All Families) Program by making public appearances as Leaf the Bookworm Mascot.
The Early Learning Coalition oversees a broad range of services to ensure that all children enter school ready to learn, with the solid foundation they need to grow and develop.
Help spread the LEAF program message of “your child’s success is as easy as 1.Talk, 2. Listen 3. Read” as you meet children and handout bookmarks throughout the community at various venues such as local libraries, community outreach events, and county school sites. The LEAF program is a Sarasota County-wide collaborative effort whose mission includes the support of early literacy intervention and development for children ages five and under.
If you enjoy knowing that your community service will make a difference in a child’s life, we welcome you to our team!
|Opportunities Remaining||Specialty Needed||Time Commitment|
|5 More needed||Anyone||
How often: Monthly
What time: Anytime
|18+ Additional notes:||
2886 C Ringling Blvd.