Volunteer Yourself close
If this opportunity has your name written all over it, then maybe you can skip the first box. (Just kidding!)
- Every volunteer opportunity begins with filling a void. There are several to the right. Fill them in.
- When you press EMAIL ME! you’ve done the cyber equivalent of, at once, raising, extending, and lending your hand. You have consented to enter the fray of unheeded need. Bravo!
- A really grateful human being will contact you soon.
- While you’re waiting, remember — two hands are better than one; raise yours again, this time on behalf of a friend, colleague, acquaintance, or family member.
- While you’re waiting, don’t be intimidated by the word “perfect.” We’re talking about the match — not your matchless skills or experience. Most of the time, if you care...you’re there!
Volunteer a Friend close
If this opportunity has a friend’s name written all over it, filling in the first box should be easy. (Do it!)
- Don’t be shy about throwing someone else’s hat into the ring besides your own. Sharing is caring.
- When you press RECOMMEND you’ve done more than lifting your friends hand in assent to an opportunity she or he knows nothing about. You’ve taken that friend’s hand in solidarity. For a very important cause.
- A really grateful human being will contact the unsuspecting future volunteer. This person will understand that it was you who volunteered his info and back off immediately if your friend’s definition of “perfect for this” is not consistent with your own.
- The more likely scenario is that your friend (or colleague, acquaintance, or family member) will find the opportunity to make a difference irresistible and be forever in your debt.
Volunteer a Team close
United, you stand. United, you raise your hands.
- Fill in this form as well and completely as you can and let your team begin.
- Pat yourself on the back, if you’re flexible enough. You have not only volunteered some able bodies, minds, hearts, and souls for a critical local endeavor...you have also created an opportunity for bonding and mutual enlightenment that might change their lives as well.
- Let us know specific information (if it feels pertinent) about your volunteers that might help us find the perfect organization for you.
- Start thinking of a name for your group. If it helps, think how it would look on a plaque somewhere or certificate of appreciation. Teams tends to collect thank you’s exponentially.
- Lena Hernandez
- Volunteer Coordinator
Help save a life while volunteering from home!
Cat Depot is a 501 (c) 3, non-profit, no-kill feline rescue, adoption, education and resource center.
Cat Depot has changed the destiny of thousands of formerly homeless felines, currently living joyful lives because of the generosity of people like you.
Our foster care program provides temporary safe and loving homes to kittens and cats until they can return to our center and be adopted by their new family. This program offers a second chance to many animals who would not thrive in a shelter environment.
Your help is needed, as is your loving foster home. When you accept a cat or kittens, short-term, it helps us increase the number of cats and kittens we can help this year. Cat Depot will provide instruction and help with all your supply needs.
Animals enter the foster program because they are not ready for adoption, either because of behavioral reasons or because they are too young, sick, or injured. Animals that have been in the shelter for extended stays can also benefit from time in a stable and nurturing home environment.
Fosters can last for as little as a few days, or as long as 4-8 weeks depending on the case.
Foster service hours may be awarded to high school students.
To become a foster parent, contact the foster care coordinator and complete an application. The orientation will introduce you to the various foster opportunities, along with the benefits of each one. It will also include essential information on confinement areas, socialization, foster supplies, and other common concerns.
|Opportunities Remaining||Specialty Needed||Time Commitment|
|25 More needed||Anyone||
How often: Weekly
|All Ages Additional notes: Great for families!||
2542 17th Street